Below are my notes for getting CoreData to work on iOS 7.
– Use Menu => New Project => iOS => Application => Empty Application.
– Make sure to check “Use Core Data” and select which devices the app will work for.
– Note: There is no storyboard file or root View Controller.
– Choose storyboard layout size
– Name your storyboard with layout size
– Change main interface to be the storyboard you just created.
– Verify Device, Device Orientation and Deployment Target
– Use Menu => Editor => Embed In => Navigation Controller to add in navigation
– Menu => New => New File => iOS => Cocoa Touch => Objective C Class with proper subclass of view controller
– Define cells if appropriate
– Select your .xcdatamodeld and click “Add entity”
– Rename the new entity as singular object (not plural) and capitalized.
– Define attributes and be sure to select a type.
– Select Entity => Menu => Editor => Create NSManagedObject Subclass
– Retrieve all entities of a certain name
– Sort in ascending date
– Querying specific data